Scripture to Ponder

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalms 118:24


Saturday, January 10, 2015

Stinkin' Thinkin'


What I like about the new year is that it brings about reflection. Hopefully, most of us are reflecting on ways to improve ourselves, improve our lives, and improve our relationships. I have been reading and studying a book by Jennifer Rothschild called, "Me, Myself, and Lies". It has made me think more about my self-talk (sometime called Soul Talk) and how powerful it can be if they are negative ones. I want to admit that my thoughts are not always pleasing to me or God (He counts most). I have a problem with Stinkin' Thinkin'! It is something I plan to change in 2015. Have you ever told yourself that "You can't do something?" or "You're not important"? "You're too fat, ugly, stupid, dumb, fill-in-the-blank with your choice of word(s). Our thoughts need to be acceptable and pleasing to God. Our theme memory verse is taken from Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the mediation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer" (KJV). If you are one whose thoughts hurt more than help, replace them with God's truth. It is helpful to memorize scripture and erase negative thoughts with God's loving words. I love this acronym for MIND. These are the kind of thoughts I want and that should fill our SELF TALK. Join me this year and don't let Satan keep you down this year. He wants us to fail, to think we aren't capable of achieving His purpose in our lives. Together, we can fill our thoughts with things that are pleasing and acceptable to God, our Father and creator. Enjoy the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, thanks!