Scripture to Ponder

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalms 118:24


Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Helping Teachers Overcome Obstacles and Focus on Learning - 30 Questions For Teacher Reflection

Edunators - Helping Teachers Overcome Obstacles and Focus on Learning - 30 Questions For Teacher Reflection  by Mark Clements  (permission given to share)

Great article for self-reflection...it has 30 questions that you can ask to help you evaluate your teaching and more.


Modeling Reflection – Questions to Ask With Students
1.Was this activity successful….why or why not?
2.If we do this again, what can I do differently to help you learn more?
3.Did this activity help you learn more than others we’ve done? Why?
Classroom Culture – Questions to Ask About Your Rules & Relationships
4.Are the relationships that I have with my students helping or hindering their ability to learn?
5.Could the problems I have in my classroom be solved by pre-teaching my expectations or developing rules/procedures to deal with these issues?
6.Was my demeanor and attitude towards my class today effective for student learning?
7.Am I excited to go to work today?
8.Are my students excited to come to my class today? (How much does #6 impact #7?)
9.What choices have I given my students lately?
10.Can I explain at least SOMETHING about each of my student’s personal lives?
Curriculum and Instruction – Reflection on Assessment and Grading Practices
11.Does my gradebook accurately reflect student learning?
12.Do my assessments really reflect learning, or merely task completion or memorization skills?
13.Why did I REALLY choose this particular lesson to cover this objective?
14.What evidence do I have my students are learning?
15.What new strategies have I tried lately that might benefit a student I am struggling with?
16.In what ways am I challenging students who are clearly being successful in my classroom?
17.What do I do when students aren’t learning in my classroom?
18.Which students benefited from this activity?
19.Which students did not benefit from this activity?
Collaboration – Questions to Ask Ourselves About Our Place in a Professional Learning Community
20.In what areas can I still improve professionally?
21.What’s stopping me from improving in these areas?
22.In what ways can I support my colleagues in their student’s learning?
23.Do my actions as a teacher show my belief that all students can learn at a high level?
24.Do my actions as a teacher show that I take pride in my work?
25.Are the relationships I have with my colleagues conducive to creating a collaborative culture focused on learning?
26.Are the relationships I have with my student’s parents conducive to improving learning?
Mental Health – Questions to Help Teachers Maintain a Healthy Outlook
27.What new ideas have I tried in my classroom lately to keep myself energized about teaching?
28.What have I done lately to relieve stress and focus on my own mental health, to ensure I remain an effective teacher?
29.What things am I currently doing that I could realistically make less of a priority in my profession?
30.How much time have I spent with my friends and family in the last two weeks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, thanks!