Scripture to Ponder

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalms 118:24


Sunday, April 24, 2011

EDLD 5370 Web Conference #2

This web conference was held at 7:30 pm on Wednesday.  I leave for church at 6:40 pm and do not return until 8:20 pm.  It is a relief that our professors at Lamar take the time to record the web conference for those of us who cannot attend because of work or church activities.  I for one am very happy that the points awarded for this reflection, is only 1 point.  I know that there are many who will not bother, but I like to receive every point possible. 

I was able to read all the interactions on the web conference and most of my colleagues were wondering the same thing I was...how were we going to accept changes on the paper and how would we see our mistakes.  I was able to download my paper and see one correction to make on an in-text citing.  It was a direct quote that I needed to supply the page number.  I also failed to reflect properly on the three requirements: Self-Assesment; Learn as a Learner, and Lifelong Learning Skills.  You can bet, I will correct this next time!

Many colleagues were also questioning about the Horizon Report whether or not the 2011 one had been released.  I had begun my paper and referenced the 2010 Report, reading the entire thing and highlighting some important sections.  I was became frustrated when I discovered that I should have been reading the 2011 Report.  Knowledge is knowledge...and I'm sure that I gained something from that report, but I really did not have that time to waste. 

The web conference always gives me a relief just knowing that my frustrations and challenges are in fact felt by many of other students as well.  It just helps to know others are having the same struggles as I am.  In the end, we will all be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, thanks!