Scripture to Ponder

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalms 118:24


Monday, August 30, 2010

Web Conference EDLD 5363 (Week 1)

I entered the EDLD 5363 Web Conference on August 26, 2009.  When I arrived, the conference had begun or I thought it had. I could see that many members were already in and there were about 4 participants successful with their cameras. It did not take me long to realize that the sound was not working and the chat room was all a buzz.  Dr. Abernathy tried her best to adjust her equipment and ask the members to be patient. I participated in several web conferences before, but do not consider myself an expert by no means. Once I was able to get my camera to work, but that was with the help of a friend on the board stepping me through it, telling me what to click.  This particular event, was frustrating because Dr. Abernathy could not get everyone's attentions to start the conversation. The members were asking each other questions and trying to set up their group work. Members were asking Dr. Abernathy a zillion questions at once. I confess that I did not stay on very long, especially after Dr. Abernathy regretted allowing so many to join at once.

I do know that when working with technology, it is apparent that there will be times when equipment will not work. The chat room was another way that they could participate. I think though, we assume that the proper conference etiquette is known by all. Maybe we should be assigned an article to read about this before this happens again.

Like I stated above, I have been involved in web conference with other courses, and they were very helpful and informative. In fact, this is why I participated on this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, thanks!