Scripture to Ponder

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalms 118:24


Monday, August 30, 2010

Digital Storytelling Reflections:

Digital Storytelling is a great tool to use in any class. I enjoyed learning how to create a personal digital story. I had several ideas to use as my topic and ended up using the topic that was suggested by my daughter and a close friend. I think the process is a form of therapy and helped me get my thoughts and feeling on paper as well as in a story. The process made me realize that there's a story in everything you do. I think I will use this new skill to help me capture some memories of my father. It's been three years since he passed away, and I think it will help me in my grieving process. One suggestion I would give to someone tackling this would be to familiarize yourself with the software before creating the story. I used Photostory 3 and became frustrated when I typed all me script that I wanted to say in the available boxes. I did not realize that you lose it all if you do not record the narration before closing. I think using Photostory is simple, but it took me some time to learn the software. I wanted to add music, but I felt it took away from the voice narration. I hope to do many more stories, and to share this with teachers in my district.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, thanks!