Scripture to Ponder

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalms 118:24


Friday, September 3, 2010

Video Editing with Jaycut

EDLD 5363 - Week 2
This is an open source video editing software program that I was exploring for a Lamar course. I wanted to find a couple that would be easy to use for beginners. Many features on the software was recognizable like the different tracks. They had one for transitions, one for audio, and then one for images.  I wasted a lot of time learning how to use the program. It was fairly easy, but I wish it had an undo feature. I had to recreate it several times while learning how to add text, transitions, audio, and images. Everytime you closed out, you would lose your work and had to start over. You had to make sure to publish it, or you will do like I had to and recreate the entire video again. Learning new technology usually has its ups and downs like this, but it's in your mistakes that you learn the most.          My Jaycut videos
This will take you to two videos. The first one is called Granna's girls and is about my two granddaughters who were born two months apart. Many people thought they were twins, because we would dress them alike. The second video underneath is the remix or one I edited and made changes. I put a new song, changed out the pictures and text. This one is about all five of my grandchildren. I now will decide on a second open source editor to compare to Jaycut. I think that I would recommend this, since the video came out pretty clear and had the same look and feel as a YouTube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, thanks!