Scripture to Ponder

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalms 118:24


Saturday, September 4, 2010

Editing Software Evaluations

The two open source video editing software applications I chose to evaluate were Masher and Jaycut. I went to my Social networking site called Delicious and did a search for video editing. I knew that I bookmarked several and decided on those two. I have not used either software applications before this course, but enjoyed working in them and creating several short videos that I shared on my blog and wiki. My experience with video editing is very limited and not until I received Camtasia for my office, did I create a tutorial to help teachers in my district learn how to use programs. I have also used the Flip camera software to edit a video I created in Bible class at church. After working with both Jaycut and Masher, I think that my experience with Audacity and Camtasia helped me work through some of the features readily. I don’t think that I would use either one at work, since we have purchase Camtasia, but I think that I’d use them at home for personal use. I thought Masher was limited, however I liked the finished product. It created such a crisp, clear video and I liked their visual effects that you could add such as confetti, or an old movie reel. I think that in my current position, sharing the various video editing software applications with teachers and students in our district would be beneficial. Now that most schools have felt strict budget cuts this year, open source software is a big plus! My two choices are simple enough for students to use. I would recommend Masher for even the primary grades to use in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, thanks!